1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount... did i burn the pump or motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jconklin330, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jconklin330

jconklin330 Junior Member

so i blew a line. in attempting to get the plow angled to were i could drive it had my son hold the controller to the left so i could push the plow by hand. very little fluid.by the time he stopped holding the controller i saw smoke coming from electrical connections on the motor and the cords were heated. i know i need to replace the line but could i have done more serious damage also? thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

should be fine. replace the hose and pour oil in it.

3. jconklin330

it was also making a chirping noise could that be problematic

4. no lead

only one way to find out. there is enough oil left in the can to keep the pump lubed. the motor likes spinning under no load better than full pressure.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to clean the terminal on the motor to make sure the positive wire has a good connection..

The motor just might of over heated when your son was holding the button down for a long time..

6. jconklin330

put the hose on and put fluiid in it. no movement at all motor spinning fine

7. no lead

pull the pump out and check the oring on the bottom.

8. jconklin330

broken gear inside the pump. new one in and workin great

9. twinman326

That the first I ever heard of that..Probably what happen, when the hose broke, the motor spinning eithout no oil, the pump ran dry and heated up, breaking a gear..

10. jconklin330

thats my guess too. but all as well and back to normal.

11. twinman326

Safe plowing