1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount control problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Big Red 75, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Big Red 75

Big Red 75 Junior Member

Hi all,

I have got a Pro-Plow ( I believe it is a 1994 year model), The blade raises just fine and goes down just fine also. If i raise the blade half way up and then try to angle the blade left or right it wants to still move upwards, and still tries to move left or right but it turns about 2 or 3 inches and stops.

I am leaning towards a bad joy stick controller. It acts like it is energizing two actions at once.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

you might be right..your controller could be acting up.. I try wiggling the controller harness to see if it correct the problem..If it does, then the pin are not making good contact inside the plug. or do a controller test. Also check your wires on the solenoid. The ground wire black/orange should be clean also on the plow motor as well.. This wire also is attach the the S valves..

On the other hand, the S2, and S3 control, right, left and raise

Her are some test you can do
    s1s2s3456.jpg
    ccoiltest.jpg
    cont test.jpg

You can either test the controller or try another controller

s1s2s3456.jpg

cont test.jpg

ccoiltest.jpg