1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount bracket for what??? Help me figure this thing out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gqhco06, Oct 8, 2008.

1. gqhco06

gqhco06 Junior Member
    from MO

I got this mount with a Unimount pro plow I purchased --- but no one has any ideas what the mount is for? Any help is greatly appreciated! The local dealer has done nothing for me on this whole project! :realmad:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

That is a Ultramount to Unimount conversion kit, part # 27170. It is used to run a unimount blade on a truck that has a ultramount mount.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes that is a conversion kit, it does not appear as though you have the actual truck side mount there!
  4. gqhco06

gqhco06 Junior Member
    from MO

Thanks guys! Thats what I thought it was, but the local dealer has been very unhelpful. That is another reason why I have decided to sell this Western set-up and by a new plow. Thanks again!!!

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

thats probably exactly what the local dealer wants you to do... sell it and get a new one.

why not just buy the truckside mount from the dealer and get him in the good books
    I am sure he would be happy to sell you the mount, and then your have started building a relationship for any parts down the road.
  6. gqhco06

gqhco06 Junior Member
    from MO

Well, you see, its like this. The local dealer seems to be too busy selling and working on trucks for FORD MOTOR and has been "working" on this for about 4 weeks now. Add on top of that that they did not recognize what this mount was adds to my concern! And I will not be buying another plow from them. I will be switching brands to a dealer who cares about their customer - even if I do only have one rig. And he is also helping me to sell my old plow as well. Already tons more than the local Western Dealer has even offered to do. It can not be that hard to tell me what I need to put this plow on my truck .... 4 weeks, c'mon!
  7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

desler support has everything to do with it. i have very great support with both boss and western. funny thing though, i dont buy anything except stickers, plow guides, and that new sight system from my boss dealer. my western dealer however i buy all kinds of replacement parts from