1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount angle problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by newhere, Jan 4, 2013.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Plow will raise fine, lower fine and angle to the right.

Wont go to the left. If you tap raise real quick and then go to the left it will raise the plow instead of going to the left.

I pulled all 3 valvues and put them on a jumper and they "seem" to work but im going to go do that again because i think 2 really snapped hard and 1 only a light snap

Raise- uses only the 4 way on the bottom so that should be good

Right- uses only the 3 way on the upper left so that should be good

Left uses both the 3 way and the 4 way???

2. newhere

from Fenton

3 way coil was not getting any power.

traced the current and its getting lost at the plug. Things are pretty bad in it. Cut it behind the plug and hard wired it and now the plow works as it should.

But sometimes it seems to get stuck all the way to the right and wont go up left or right. The motor pulls hard but nothing moves. Im thinking one of the valves are still not opening.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

4. newhere

from Fenton

it goes up fine, and left fine now that i fixed the wire. When i go right all the way it doesnt like to come back.

5. newhere

from Fenton

6. mishnick

If it sticks at the right extreme you might try taking the pins out of the angle rams and see if you can swing it easily by hand. Maybe it's just a mechanical jam of some kind. Could also be the 4 way valve sticking under pressure.

7. newhere

from Fenton

im leaning towards the 4 way

8. mishnick

It's easy enough to replace, just sucks that they are not cheap.

9. newhere

from Fenton

what sucks more is i bought a brand new one and the fluid must have had some water in it because it sat over the summer and rusted inside.

I got it all cleaned up real nice but it doesnt seem to "snap" hard like the other one does though.

10. newhere

from Fenton

on second thought, i pull the 4 way and put it on a battery and it does work really good. snaps back and forth real good.

when its stuck right the motor tries to push it, you can hear it stress and then it will pop free and go left. Doesnt that sound more like the 3 way not opening to let the fluid out?

11. mishnick

If the three way valve fails to open when you hit left angle then the blade would raise. Three way valve opens to let fluid out (by itself withou four way) when the blade is moved to the right. You say it goes to the right OK but gets stuck and won't go left. That's the four way. Even though it sounds like the click is good I would say something inside is fubar.Thumbs Up

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013