1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount and convential

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by coryweber2000, Oct 14, 2012.

1. coryweber2000

coryweber2000 Junior Member

I just put a uni mount fram on my dodge truck i than boughyt the uni mount part where the pump and lights go on i took it off my older western con. does anybody know can i just change my a frame on my old plow to fit on the uni mount frame instead of cutting my old one all apart and rewelding it back toghter to fit
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Only thing you would need would be the tower tabs on the a-frame even if you can't find those tabs,,,maybe some U channel could even work

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Or just fab up the tabs for it shouldn't be to hard
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I can't tell exactly what you are doing from the way your question is worded, but another difference between conventional aframes and unimount aframes is the width of the back of the aframe where the hitch pins go in. also the pins for the cylinders are smaller on unimounts. also the ports for the hoses come out the top on conventionals and out the side on unimountst.