1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni lift problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SQUIRRLE PLOWER, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SQUIRRLE PLOWER

SQUIRRLE PLOWER Junior Member

unimount lift problem

I have a 94 unimount pro 7.5 ft snowplow when i pick it up it floats down with or with the electric hooked up what could be the problem?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Theres a couple of things that could be wrong, stuck valve, bd controller , quill adjusted wrong, bad packing on base of lift rod, check valve or spring. Your best bet is to go to westerns site and look under publications for the mechanics guide for your blade, scroll down to troubleshooting and it will list your problem (page 35 if its a unimount) and will tell you where to check for the possible problems. It may take 2 of you to check a few of these things (magnetism at coil, power from controller). If you think its the controller, call your nearest western or fisher dealer and ask them if they have a test box (dont let them tell you theres no such thing), if the controller is bad, replace the pc board and not the whole controller, its alot cheaper.

Oh, if you can, print the mechanics guide and take it out to the garage with you.

Let us know what you find and if you arent sure or have another questions, lets know.

Jeff

3. SQUIRRLE PLOWER

Could it be that the lift cyclinder tube is worn out causing it to seep down, I have replaced all of the valves and I have my own mechanics guide and I adjusted the quill as per the guide, I also tried a brand new controller still the same thing, could the pump be worn out?

4. Crash935

I would go back and check the s1 valve to make sure you have the right valve and to make sure its not stuck. It should have a number of SV08-2004 stamped on the side of the nut. While you have it out, take a screw driver and put it in the end of the vavle and give it a push to make sure its shifting.

5. SQUIRRLE PLOWER

All the valve are working properly, I even unhooked the controller and the plow connections and the plow still floats down, the valves are brand new, I replaced the lift cyclinder and replaced the seals twice, I was thinking the lift cyclinder tube was worn causing blow by for the plow to drift down

6. Crash935

I know you replaced the valves but go back and check to make sure its the right one, some of the valvles from a v plow will fit a straight blade power unit and will cause strange problems, with everything else that youve changed its making me think it might be the wrong valve. Check to make sure the S1 has a number of SV08-2004, you will find it on one side of the hex nut part of the valve.