1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni 2 plug to 3 plug help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Dec 22, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Whats needed to convert a uni mount 2 plug to a iso 3 port 3 plug on the plow side, Im sure its been discussed on here before but I cant seem to find anything.

trucks a 02 350
    Truck side part numbers ive found so far
    29050 wiring harness
    29070-1 3 port isolation module
    and the truck side power kit

now whats needed for the plow side

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming it's a straight blade you'll need a 26359 control harness and a 26377 light harness.

3. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Ok, i heard their was a kit some where any idea

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can buy the conversion kit but it will include things you won't need and costs more.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

x2 on that one :nod:

6. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I did the upgrade Wednesday night on my Dodge. I had the turns wrong, but since I have a 4 port all I had to do was change port 3 and 4. All is well now. I now have a relay wiring I should sale here. I know someone needs it if even as a back up. The cost is high in my book, but I hope in the long run it pays off with not having problems with relays

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Is it a 9 pin plow side harness? If so I may be interested.

8. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I have the truck side and plow side, I install new ends on it last year

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I PM'ed you.

10. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Nice talking with you over the phone.

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Thanks to you mentioning the ground on Chrysler H/L switches you got me thinking. I think I found the problem. The harness they gave me is for a 97 & up Wrangler. The harness for the Cherokee does not use the R/S headlamp ground like the Wrangler. I think that ground is screwing me up. If I wasn't in my pajamas I would be out there now messing with it. I spent 5 hours trying to figure it out and was thinking I did something wrong. I kept wondering why the instructions did not show that connection and now I know why. Thanks for planting the seed in my head! I'll let you know how I make out!

12. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I got the correct harness and the plow works great now!