1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unhook plow...headgear goes down part way manually

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 09Busa, Dec 19, 2010.

1. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

A question for the experts. :nod:..Last two times I unhooked my Boss v plow, after disengaging the pins, the headgear started to go down manually. Then I hit the switch and it starts to go down by power. A salesman told me that they do this once in a while. Is this true? Thanks in advance

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's really free (not dragging in the mount at all) the weight of the light tower will cause it to lower on it's own. Nothing to be concerned with, just be quicker on the SH toggle if you are.

3. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

B&B....when I posted this, I was hoping that you would see it. Thank you for your response. I will be quicker on the switch and I feel at ease. Your advice and knowledge are extremely helpful to all of us. Merry Christmas to you and yours.