1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unhappy with speedwing angel

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by White Oak, Feb 4, 2009.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

I am sure I will find some info on this when I do a search but I could use some help if possibel. I live in an area that does not get heavy snows and lots of freezing. I have always plowed with a meyers because they are light. I bought an 860 speedwing that is on my dodge 3500 and it is constantly digging in on the wings if I try to raise the blade to get up alittle on gravel when it is angled. Also when the blade is up and angled the corner is only about 3-6" off the ground and will hit the ground if the suspension travels over bumps. I am trying to get a u edge to help with the digging. In short is it possible to get the blade more level when angled??
  2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

First off is your plow bracket holes 12-13" off the ground? If its higher than that the wings will dig in. Also when we drive going down the roads we leave them straight, so the wings wont hit the raod.
  3. damian

damian Senior Member

exactly right,i drive with mine straight as well,860s are good but they aint an 810.
  4. articstorm

articstorm Member

Try to get used to using the scoop and plowing straight on gravel. They really do work great and move a bunch of snow that way. Also your wings will come up level. I only do one lot thats gravel and I've found it's much easier that way. Also if your blade keeps digging in on concreat check to make sure the springs are tight enough. Mine wern't and after tightening them to the manuals spefications which says tight enough to allow a sheet of paper to slide between the third and fourth coil on the spring my digging in problem all but went away. The speedwins take some getting used to, but I really like it.

Good Luck
  5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check the height of the push beam keep it at 12" it should not dig in any more keep facing straight when going down the roads most plows do hit when angled hard especialy at 30 degrees if the truck runs hot get an airfoil it works mine is a diesel:)
  6. White Oak

White Oak Member

Ok great info, will check the beam height. But in short there is no way to get the plow to float better int he angled position. Ideally I would like to be able to feather it up when angled. no way??
  7. White Oak

White Oak Member

Beam height is 12 inches.