1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unforturnate accident...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 14, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I wonder if he was one of those idiots who stands in the road to clear the windrow from the street side.....

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I heard about that too. It's too bad. It's amazing how people just walk out, especially without looking like they own the road

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks....when its snowin like that, stay in the house!!!!;)

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

REDRUM...REDRUM...prsport

6. KSWART

KSWART Member

That sucks. And it is amazing how people just walk down the middle of the road in the middle of Blizzard like conditions. I know this guy was suppose to be at the end of his driveway, but I saw 4 people the other night walking in the middle of the street. And this was when the winds were still high and snow fallin sideways. It's amazing.... And I will say here in Cheektowaga and Buffalo the towns and city sucked the other night. They have been real good this season but at 5AM roads were still horrible. I feel really bad for the driver he must be going through hell right now. If you are on here buddy just remember accidents do happen and it's not your fault.
    Kevin

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats tragic but that could have happened at anytime it could have happened in summer it doesnt look like the plow had anythign to do with it but hes 62 where does he have to go at 630 am

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In todays paper 2/15 said his leg was broken but still alive died later at the hospital.

9. KSWART

KSWART Member

I read that article... It is amazing that everyone thought he was gonna be ok. Cops, his wife, etc....

10. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

i dont understand.....when we are out people literally walk in the MIDDLE of the roa,d it really makes NO sense to me, but when it sunny and nice they arent on the rd....i was out on the 06blizzard and i could hardly see 50 60 ft, and theres somone at 6 in the morning in the middle of the rd, happened 2 or 3 more times during the day, stay home, let us do our job, we dont go gallavanting in other peoples wrok do we no!!!!!!!