1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unfamiliar setup, Help wanted!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Allclimate, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

I just got a new to me truck and it had the push plates and a 3 plug wiring harness with isolation module # F26401. It also has a 10 pin controller plug in the cab.

From my research i think it was a MM2 Vplow with a 10 pin fishstick
    i would like to get one of these plows if this was indeed the setup but im not opposed to a straight blade

Does the 10 pin controller have the ability to control a straight blade? Or is there some sort of adapter? I cant seem to find anything on that.

We have 4 or 5 fisher mm1 systems, is there an adapter to convert the 3 plug to a 2 plug?

Thanks for any help, I'll probably have more questions!

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes that set up is for a 3 plug easy v either mm1 or 2. To use on a str8 blade you need an adaptor and a str8 blade controller. There is no adaptor to convert a 3 plug to a 2 plug.

3. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

ok so even if it was a mm1 vplow the 3 plug harness will work for a mm2 straight?

Is the adapter 21792K the 10 pin to 4 pin?

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes and no. that's the Fisher part number for the adapter, but it's to the 6 pin straight plow control, not the newer 4 pin multiplex wiring control.
    also, 66760k would be the western part number for the same adapter.

and yes, the truck is set up for mm with 4-port isolation module wiring. as long as the plow is a mm1 or mm2 (because nothing is different on the truck between the two), and 3plug isolation module wiring, then it will work.

on converting from 3 plug to 2 plug.. do you mean converting this truck to relay wiring? If so, need to know what truck it is, because there isn't relay wiring available for most newer trucks.
    If you meant something else let me know and I'll help you figure it out.

5. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

i guess my real question is what will it take to put on a mm2 straight blade?

6. brad96z28

and adaptor and a 6pin controller.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yep yep Thumbs Up

8. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

ah ha perfect

9. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

that will only work if the straight blade has a 3 plug set up

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, already covered that....

'as long as the plow is a mm1 or mm2 (because nothing is different on the truck between the two), and 3plug isolation module wiring, then it will work.'

11. brad96z28

Lol I was going to post the same.:rolleyes:

12. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

so i ended up finding a mm1 ezv that i bought so now im going to convert the plowside to 3 plug. i have these part numbers and i wanted to see if you guys concur.

26358 control harness 7 pin for plow
    26347 lighting harness for non intensifiers

Thanks!

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yup, you got it right. 26358 goes to the coils and the 26347 is to rewire the 9pin lights to 11pin (Western part number for the same thing is 26377).
    if you don't want to wire all up inside the lights you could also go with the set of lights (fisher 8435 or western 64100), and keep your old ones for spare parts. or you could go ahead and put the new style lights on (28800) but they have two mounting studs on each light.

14. Allclimate

Allclimate Junior Member

Ordered the harnesses and everything now im am just wondering could it be as easy as the same color wires replace the same color wires or is there a diagram out there?

Also why is there not a plug to go into a minute mount 1 control/lighting plug and splits into 2 plugs for control and lighting seperately? i feel like that makes sense especially for the companys out there that have both mm2 and mm1s