1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uneven sand spreading

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Feb 8, 2008.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Got a 6ft electric SS v spreader. Can't get the thing to spread evenly. Spreading a sand/salt mix. Flows fine (now that I have the V removed) but the problem is the right sand spreads a LOT heavier than the left side. I've played w/the deflectors and they seem to only adjust the spread width, not the dispersion of material. Any recommendations? All three deflectors are set 1 hole from the topmost setting.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Adjust the internal defectors, close the left side internal deflector or open the right side. If you have no internal defectors look for a clog on the right side of the chute.
  3. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

No internal deflectors and no clog. It's a 3/4 yard spreader. I wash it out after each use so I know for sure there's no clog. The conveyor belt just drops the sand onto the round spinning disc....
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

has something got bent or bolts broken?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

for some reason more material is falling on the left side of the spinner then on the right
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

drive more to the right.....:D
  7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I had the same problem. I got a small piece of stainless sheet and made an internal deflector. Put a bend in it so it pitches down at 45 degrees and bolt it to the left side of the chute just obove the top bearing. Basically covering the whole left side so material falls on right. This evened it right out.