1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Understand the process

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chrisby316, Feb 24, 2005.

1. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

why is it that some people just don't understand the process of plowing snow. after the storm we always take one of our smaller trucks to our condo complexes and clear all the empty spots. people come out and move there cars into the newly cleaned spots so that i can clean their regular spot. no why is it that they feel the need to clean their cars off in the middle of the already cleaned parking lot?! why don't they clean their cars off then move them? just frustrating and needed to vent, anyone else have people do things like that?
  2. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

ALL THE TIME! :realmad: :realmad:
  3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Ha, I would love to have your problem. This will be the first February in 8 years that I have been plowing, that I havn't billed out any snow removal or sanding. I hope that next month is better or there will be an 87 Chevy and Boss plow for sale in the used equiptment forum.
  4. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

This would be up there in my top five plowing pet peeves. I work to get everything perfect and then some a$$hole screws it up. At the medical center we do the guy who shovels always shovels the snow from the side walk on to the drive when there is a garden between the walk and building. We have to be gone by 7 he doesn't shovel till 830 and by that time there is no way we are getting in there.
  5. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I swear people go to malls just to clean their cars off there....... and I love those big black blobs that form behind your tires that everyone feels the need to kick off as they come out of the store. Guess it's just part of the job :rolleyes:
  6. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I always kick 'em off as long as it isn't parked in my driveway. ;)

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I tell all my customers to clean off there cars in the middle of the lot ware I can get to it. I would much rather push that snow off then try to back blade it after they drive, walk on it in a parking stall. also I ask that sidewalks be shoveledd or blown into the lot ware I have a chance to push it away instead of it building up in the flower bed to the point there is no more room. My job is to make there job as easy as possible.
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I would say it has to do with not wanting to walk in the snow. If they cleaned the car off before moving it, they'd get more snow in thier shoes, on thier clothes etc. Moving to a clear area, it's easier to walk around the car.

Actually, that's what I do. I can use the garage door opener. The plow is parked facing out, so I just pull out with the plow down. My backup truck is parked off to the side. So after I plow off the parking area, I can pull it into the cleared area to clean snow off it. Why should I struggle to walk around it in the snow when I don't have to?