1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

underhood Pump speed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by yearground, Dec 4, 2008.

1. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

Have old fisher belt drive system on 92 CTD. Pully size on pump was apparently guaged for a deisel. When it's hot, I must throttle up to lift. Full throttle pressure is +/- 1550 psi. What I'm wondering is if I can put a slightly smaller pully on the pump, reducing my need to throttle, or will I blow something up? I've searched this forum already and have learned a lot, but not exactly what I need. Is there a way to verify what pully I SHOULD have? Maybe previous owner lied? Also, I've spent countless hours trying to find info on the pump and valve body a4466 as a reference. No real luck. Thanks for all your help.

2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

If the plow works fine when cold and you have to rev the engine once the fluid warms up it means the pump is gone. Once the fluid heats up the viscosity of the fluid gets thinner allowing it to slip thru the gears in the pump. The pump will need to be replaced. The part number is a A2311 and the valve is a A4466-40. Both numbers can be entered into the search box on our website.

3. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

pump # works on site but not valve body. emailed fluid power and they can't help me either?????????????????????? I Have a spare new pump. have the # wrong on valve body. See pic.

fisher VB (Small).jpg