1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Undercoating...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I want to get my truck undercoated before I take it up to college this year (SUNY-Cobleskill) to the rust belt. My question is- is Ziebart a good place to take it for undercoating? About how much will it cost?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i got qouted 1,500.00 for rhino lining for the bed, over the bedside, undercarriage, and up to the first body line on the sides. just waiting till i fix some little things

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film:nod:

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We use FF on all our stuff but Krown or Rust Check are my second choices. I like them over Ziebart because they are thinner and they run into the crevices and such better. Ziebart could have a better Formulation now as I used it over 10 years ago.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i had that done. working out good so far. second year with it.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

ziebart you have to have inspected every year. it's oil based an wears off. the protector from the dealers is rubberized good stuff and lasts long. inner panels like doors use the wax based material from the protector or buy your own cans from the eastwood company - online.

it's usually $500 bucks for undercoating and panel wax from the dealer services group.