1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tom Smith, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

Do u all think its a good idea to get undercoating on a new truck? I know my neighbor had his undercoated and he also had another finish applied to the trucks paint job to best seal it... But hes a body shop guy so maybe what he did is not common.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have heard of people using the rhino coating on the underside of trucks. I would get it under coated and touched up every year. I know a plower that has his oil sprayed every year, it's a 77 and looks new. Mine was undercoated when new (89) and it's just now getting rust outs on the bottom.
  3. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

Yeah. I just bought a 95 150 and the body is in great shape but my god looking at the undercarriage you would think it was floated across the Dead Sea for 8 yrs. One of the body mounts in the front is beginning to rot god I hate that. I had a 1980 Bronco, on 4 out of the 10 body mounts the metal supports on the cab above them collapsed. Rust will most likely be the only reason I cant keep a truck on the road longer, they rot out from under you. I wish there was something easy you could do to stop it.