1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Neil64, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Neil64

Neil64 Member

Hey All,

Is there any reason not to have my 2010 F250 undercoated? I won't be spreading anything but will be out when the salt, etc. is being put down by the state and county. Any brand of undercoating better than the rest?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film!
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Second that, you can buy kits on Ebay to make it happen. Already got mine!
  4. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

The best undercoating I found in spray cans is 3M.
  5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Would be a really good idea actually Neil with that new 7', 6" Western and all. 3M makes a good undercoating, or another popular idea is to use a spray in bedliner product on the undercarriage. My problem with Fluid Film is that if you wash your truck after every event, you will lose the protection as it will wash off under direct spray. Another cheap alternative is used oil. You can spray that on the undercarriage, but be warned, it will cause a big mess. Many swear by this method as it's cheap and easy to do. I don't know how it holds up under repeated washings though.
  6. Neil64

Neil64 Member

I prefer to find a no maintenance type of undercoating, so anything that needs to be reapplied won't be my first choice. I am leaning towards finding a shop that will spray on a rubberized undercoating vs. me laying on my back trying to spray everything and then cleaning up the aftermath.

Other than exhaust and moving parts, is there anything to avoid getting sprayed? Anything that requires special attention or maybe multiple coats?

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Watch your driveshafts. Too much undercoating on a side will unbalance them and create problems. You have a Ziebarts near you?