1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Undercarriage for 2012 Ram 3500 Crew cab

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Rockwerx, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Rockwerx

Rockwerx Junior Member

Does anyone know if the undercarriage and wire harness for a 2012 Cab and chassis 3500 Ram truck would work with a 2012 Ram 3500 Crew cab truck? I have an 86110LP plow that was on a 2008 Ram 3500 quad cab truck. However an electrical fire burned up the control harness (and everything else under the hood) hence why I have a new truck now.

The fancy web site tells me that it will not fit but I had the same problem 2 years ago...the website said the 86110LP would not fit my 08 Ram but it fit perfect and worked great. There are no installers around here that have any experience with this brand so hopefully someone reading this can help! Thanks guys!

2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Yes it will fit. The trucks frame horns are the same. The reason if i remeber correct is a crew cab is over front axle weight rating with the LP installed. Most plows install now are rated with ballast of 600lbs not to be overweight.

3. Rockwerx

Rockwerx Junior Member

Thank you for your help! I appreciate your input! This is what I was hoping to find out...that the front frame horns were the same.

I believe that your are correct and that the front axle weight threshold was slightly exceeded for my application. I doubt that it is overloaded by very much though. Back in 08 Dodge used to market the Hemi engine as well as the heavier 6.7 Cummins in the 3500s. Blizzard said the 86110LP would fit the Hemi equipted 3500 truck but not the Cummins...the Cummins engine/trany combination is only a couple hundred pounds heavier as I recall so with a snow plow it could not be over by very much IMO.

I have been installing heavier front coils in my Ram trucks to help support the heavy snow plows and also to lift the front end up a couple of inches. So far I have not had any problems with my combinations. With the slightly higher front end, the snowplows worked a bit better also.

Hopefully this will help other people in a similar situation. Thanks and have a great day! :drinkup: