1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Under Tailgate Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Westernman, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Westernman

Westernman Junior Member

I was just looking through different companies under tailgate spreaders and was wondering how you guys would load the dump bed i am not sure if you could get piles of salt delivered and just use a loader, or if you just put bags in which would be hard i would imagine i am in high school and i am very interested in the field and just trying to learn here. just trying to find answers would be appreciated.:help::nod:
  2. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Most guys either have salt bins and loaders to load their own trucks, or they'll go to a supplier and have them load it.

Bags.. that would be one heck of a lot of lifting.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i used to load my tail gate spreader by hand its not that hard, i think it took 80 shovels of salt to fill the spreader to the top of the gate.
  4. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if you own a dump truck and you put a sander in it that you have to load with bags you are totally waisting your time purely because of the weight you can carry. Money well spent to have a v box or under tailgate sander. My 2 cents. A under tailgate allows you to spread material and use truck as a dump with out having to pull a sander out. I only have my under tailgate as back ups now.

did that answer your question?
  5. Westernman

Westernman Junior Member

yes it did thankyou