1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Under tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brad3403, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I am considering buying an under tailgate spreader to put on a GMC C7500 with a dump box. Anyone have any recommendations on make to go with? I've got central hydraulics on the truck so i assume it would be best to go with a hydraulic unit and tie it in, correct??? I've previously always used v-box spreaders, I'm thinking I'll get more capacity using the box with an under tailgate spreader. Any thoughts and info is appreciated.

2. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Go with Flink.

3. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

We have a Buyers, and a Flink. The flink has 2 augers in it the buyers only 1 auger. Both are great units. I switched to a hydo v box for 2 reasons. I have 1 tons and I don't have enough clearance for the spinners. The other reason is I have alot of residential drives to sand. With the under tailgate you have to dial it way down and sand in and out as the spreader will either throw past one side or the other depending on where the spinner is set. I don't know if anyone make one that will unload in the middle. You may want to think about a replacable tailgate instead. If you do alot of commercial it may not be an issue for you.

Dave