1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Under tailgate spread pattern

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Kemer, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Kemer

Kemer Junior Member
    from NE PA.

I just installed a electric sno dogg under tailgate spreader on my F450.I ran some salt through and it seems to be spreading way to much to the drivers side.The instructions don't give much info on adjustments.It says you can adjust for either right or left lane spreading.There are also plates above the auger that some how deflect the salt onto the auger??? I would like to work out all the bugs and know how to adjust this thing before winter .Can anyone help me?
  2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

not sure if this helps but i have several hydraulic one, you can change the spread pattern by moving the spinner right or left on the arm that hold the spinner on the spreader, there should be a set screw but we just use pipe nipples to hold the spreader in the proper position