1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Under My Truck?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by W.L.S.27, Sep 23, 2007.

1. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 Member

Can I coat the underside of my truck with this stuff?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure can! It work's great at combating rust and corrosion on the underside! You can either use the aerosol cans (takes 4-6 cans to coat the underside of an average size truck pretty well) or you can purchase the gallon cans and apply it with an air sprayer, which is much faster btw. The only things you don't want to apply it to is the exhaust (wont hurt it but it stinks for a while and burns off anyway) or the brakes. Other than those 2 items you can spray it on everything else and it last a good long time. I usually spray it on in the fall and then pressure wash/degrease the entire underside of the truck in the spring.

3. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 Member

What kind of air sprayer? Can I buy a gun for my air compressor and spray it that way?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can, I use an air powered gun designed for applying rubberized undercoating and bedliner coatings, cost less than $50 IIRC. I know some guys have also has success with paint spray guns but they usually find that they have to thin the Fluid Film out a little to get it to spray a wide enough pattern, even with a large tip.

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have more info on that gun??????? Model #, Etc...

6. dmontgomery

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, that looks just like the one I use. I got mine from a local autobody supplier.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of the spray gun I use. It just uses disposable screw on plastic jars....

Gun 001.jpg

9. dmontgomery

I just ordered mine.......now for the 5 gal pail of Fluid film