1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

under hood hydraulics

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by stapleszoo, Oct 1, 2004.

1. stapleszoo

stapleszoo Junior Member

I have a older under hood setup a Meyers and the lift pump needs either a rebuild or replace; I have recently replaced the A frame,lift cylinders and angle cylinders. Is there any where I can get a replacement pump? any ideas? thanks

2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

go to norther tools on line and you can buy a nice barnes pump with a rocker switch box ready to go for around $600.00 .its a lot better than the meyers junk. but you have have room under the hood for the unit. you must have an older truck for it to fit. www.northertools .com

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

mistake

sorry the web address is northerntool.com and the unit costs $550.00.item no.1073

4. stapleszoo

stapleszoo Junior Member

thanks

I will check it out ..thanks. btw yes i do have an older truck its a 1970 Chevy 3/4ton dual wheel 4 x 4. Its a real beast but has never failed me yet,I just need the plow to be as tuff.

5. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Wow! For that money, you could buy a Fisher pump and valve body, and you'd have a system that's actually reliable.

Does a Meyers under-hood system use a separate valve body? If so, you could get just a Fisher pump and bracket.

Just my 2 cents... arguably worth that.

Jeff Pierce

6. MRTAZWRENCH

MRTAZWRENCH Junior Member

the meyers i have has a seperate valve assembly.

7. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

You could probably find a old Ford truck with a plow for $600 (a beater). Take the parts off that you need, and part-out the rest or keep some for spares.

Jeff Pierce