1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uncover anything weird?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andyman0291, Dec 23, 2008.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

Has anyone ever found anything like a body or massive amounts of money, or something else strange while they were plowing?

just curious
  2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I found a tire the other day :rolleyes:
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

found a working cell phone last week
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've found a couple man hole covers before.
  5. siewertenterpri

siewertenterpri Junior Member

Couple years ago was shoveling a side walk and found a $100 bill thought it was fake, so I went to the bank to see if it was good and it was. Must have used all my good luck then because it's been down hill since then.
  6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Does a bag of garbage in the middle of the driveway count? Scared the crap out of me when I saw all that stuff come shooting over the windshield.
  7. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

Last season while plowing a Residential driveway my front tire sunk down about a foot when I was pushing the snow back at the entrance. When I tried to back the truck up it didn't want to budge, but I played with the plow a little and worked my way out. Turns out it was an unmarked manhole cover in their lawn and I pushed the cover right off and fell in. It was about 4 feet deep and I wasn't sure what was down there because it was the middle of the night so I just pushed the cover back on by hand and never heard anything else about it.
  8. Dodge318

Dodge318 Junior Member

About this time 3 years ago I found a body. It's wasn't fun at all. Seriously, you have to wait around in case the ME has any questions. It was like a 4 hour ordeal. Luckily most of my customers we understanding on why I was late.

Appaerently the guy was trying to shovel his front stoop and had a heart attack.
  9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I used to plow parking garage roof tops downtown Cleveland, occasionally a homeless person would run across the roof that I was plowing, right behind the truck. That's pretty freaky at 4:00 AM. We would also have to plow the walks around the buildings and occasionally there would be a snow covered person buried in the snow. They would lay on top of the sewer grids where there was heat, sometimes passed out drunk. One of my drivers came within inches of plowing a guy under, when he shot up out of the snow screaming and then took off running. I got to know some over the years and would help them out if I could. I'd get strange looks from folks sometimes and even rude remarks, as to how I could stand there and converse w/ the "undesirables". People are amazing sometimes w/ how they perceive things. I guess I just realize that it could be me someday as bad things can happen to good people. I have never been assaulted by any of these people, but have been, by more common people in more "desirable" areas by more "desirable" people, which is primarily why my dog rides shotgun for about six years now. His presents alone, makes people think twice before approaching the truck.
  10. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I had "sparks" as I cut an extension cord once.
  11. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

My buddy's dad plowed over a guy. chopped him in half. I guess 5 hours later there was a knock at the door by the cops.

I personally have driven into a swamp, try explaining to your boss why you need a tow:rolleyes:
    I've ran my snowblower through a mat in the middle of a guys driveway, grass, cat, and garbage.
    sheesh, I gotta get in the good part of town.
  12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I had uncovered a lawn on more then one occasion, I know weird huh plowig a driveway and a lawn appears :eek:
  13. siewertenterpri

siewertenterpri Junior Member

Found a raised walkway in the middle of a parking lot once, and a fire hydrant where the one time customer said to pile snow.
  14. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

I found i just plowed their front yard and the drive was 30 foot to the south? Who'd think the driveway wasn't infront of the garage or house? No big deal I didn't tear the lawn up and I put marker poles for future reference and homeowner never mentioned it and got a $10 christmass bonus from them today.
  15. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Newspapers in plastic bags is mostly what I find.
  16. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

things we find

My old boss once found his garden hose while using a snow blower .Three hours later everything was good to go .
  17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I found a 2x4 frozen to the driveway. The plow tripped and then launched the 2x4 into the brand new garage door ! It left a perfect 2x4 imprint in the door. Not my fault, don't leave your toys in the driveway !
  18. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

that must be fun to get it out.! :dizzy:
  19. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

now thats funny i dont care who u are
  20. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

How could you not see that you plowed someone in half? It would be a mess. Only thing ive found is a stolen purse.