1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pelican, May 18, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Temperature has been dropping all morning, currently 34 degrees. The rain has just turned to snow, this is a record in my lifetime. I don't expect accumilation, it was in the 70s yesterday, but with the weather we've had this year, I guess nothing should surprise me. BTW, I'm near Poughkeepsie, NY, 70 miles north of NYC. I've never seen snow this late before.

I hear 2' predicted for the Adirondacks? Time to dig out the sleds?

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, it's snowing like crazy here in upstate New York. Snow only sticks to grass, flowers, shurbs. Around 0.3" of snow here so far. Temp. is 35 degrees currently.

Last night forecasters called for some rain - moderate rain. Never said anything about snow.

Woke up and saw that I got near an inch of rain and its snowing like crazy. Big, thick snowflakes. It is a suprise for us in upstate New York.

3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Well, here in the Pittsburgh area we're *still* waiting for our second plowable event of the winter... :mad:

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the update: 0.6" total snowfall here. I heard that as much as 7" of snow fell in upstate New York and Vermont.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

it rained here with snow mixed in,no acumulation,but it was snowing for a while.