1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to Send PM's

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by cobraman, Sep 7, 2007.

1. cobraman

cobraman Member

I have read the FAQ and done searches but can not find an answer as to why this feature is not working for me. There are no buttons on the posts for PM or Emails and when I add someone to a buddy list and try to send a PM I am told I don't have permission to do that.

What gives? Someone please helpme out

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You need to have a certain amount of posts before you can send PMs (I think the number is 10 but I'm not sure). Send one of the admin an e-mail and they'll help you out.

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

you need to be a member for 10 days and have made 10 posts...once you have done both the PM feature will become available to you

4. cobraman

cobraman Member

Thanks. It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. I wanted to send messages to a couple of people about plows they were selling and I couldn't do it.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

That answers my question too Thanks

6. cobraman

cobraman Member

Did you notice that not every post you make counts either Philbilly? I love your town. I get hungry whenever I get around it. :waving: LOL. I'm in Roscoe.

7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Your post number wont increase if you post in the following forums: For sale, off topic, Test forum, and i think the community support forums, and the weather forum. Everything else will count. Hope this helps.

8. dlcequip

dlcequip Member
    from ohio

Ive done 10 posts and still cant pm

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I just spent the last week at the fair and the word Sandwich makes me full anymore.:dizzy:

10. Michael J. Donovan

the PM feature is active for you...you should be able to send and receive private messages...to send one, click on the member's profile you would like to PM and on the right hand side you will see a link that says "Send a private message to..."...click on that link and you should be all set

Let me know if you have any problems

Thanks,
    Mike

11. JayMac

JayMac Member

OK maybe I am having a bad day but I just don't seem to be getting it. Their profile is when you click on their name and view public profile correct? And do they need to be online to do it?:help:

12. Michael J. Donovan

yes, that is correct...they do not need to be online to do it...you can look up their user name and click on their profile if they are not currently online

13. C&K

C&K Junior Member
    from East Tn

Pm

I'm having trouble too...trying to pm

14. Michael J. Donovan

everything is fine - you are able to send and receive private messages through the site...