1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to log on between 5:45 - 6:00

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Mick, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Can anybody tell me why I'm having so much trouble logging onto Plow Site between 5:45 and 6:00 EST? I'll get a message - most often it's "vBulletin Message The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.". Sometimes - "This page cannot be displayed" or "There seems to be a slight problem with your database".

It doesn't happen all the time, but does seem to happen every day sometime between 5:45 and 6:00. Been going on for several months. Sometimes, I'll get logged on OK, be going along and get that "server" message between posts or (most maddening) when I've typed a reply and going to post. Then the reply is lost, too. I've learned to "copy" messages before posting. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget.

Anyway, I'm just wanting to know if anyone else is having this problem.

:angry: :angry: It happened with this post at 6:15. I'd saved it, though.
  2. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

This has to do with the server management software installed on this server, which is not very efficient at managing logs for large sites (it does that task between 5 and 6 AM). I have already made some changes over the past two years to reduce the impact of this problem as the hosted sites (mainly PlowSite and ArboristSite) grew, but I will check in the upcoming weeks to see if I can make more improvements to help it cope with the increasing load.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

thanks. :waving:
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Thank You

I had the same problem for the first time yesterday but this was at about 9:45 AM. When i got home at 10:30 AM and tried my post again it worked fine.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I saw it this morning between about 5:46 and 6:10 AM. It was not availible at all.