1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MN_BR, Feb 22, 2009.

1. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

This may have been discussed before, but are all ultramounts universal?

I have a 2005 Ultramount Pro Straight 7.5 , can i hook up to a new Ultramount Straight blade using everything existing on truck side and controller?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Mounts are all the same for hook up, wireing will vary depepnding on if the truck runs relay harness, or iso 2 plug or 3 plug harness.. If the plugs match up then your good to go!

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I am sure that Crash is correct on the harness answer. (He always is)
    I would just like to add that the pivot plates, stacking stops, and feet are adjusted based on the height of the truck side mount.
    If you are thinking of getting a spare then you set it up for your truck, and you are good to go.
    If you are thinking about possibly switching blades back and forth between 2 trucks then the truck side mounts would need to be at a similar height on both trucks.
    S