1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount won't work! Help!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Army Vet, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

2000 Ford 7.3 disel
    7.5 ultra mount

Plow won't work when operated. When you turn lights on there is nothing on the plow. Inside the truck flashers go solid and highbeam indicator turns on. Lights stay on the truck nothing goes on at the plow. What could be wrong? Please help!!:dizzy:

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Had same problem yesterday Little cleaning on the plug fix my problem

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree with Antlerart, clean the plugs at the grill and have a good look at them to be sure all the pins are intackt. If you have the ultramount you probably have an isolation module right? Pull each plug one at a time and check for rorrosion. Add some dilectric grease to the grill plugs and the iso mod plugs. If all these plugs are good then you need to look for wires that have worn through and are shorting out. What your describing doesn't sound like a fuse problem.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

It could be a relay problem

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would look at your main 2 prong plug first. If nothing works you most likely have a bad ground. Did you do any maintenance before you put it away last spring.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The ultramounts don't use the main ground to activate the system, There are two pins in the light plug that go out to the plow and then loop right back around and go to ground on another wire. If the main power (two pin plug) cable was not connecting the control would still light up and the relay would at least click. I would be checking the ground path for that activator wire in the light plug. Black with an orange tracer. There are several points where it could be corroded or unplugged.

7. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

I checked all the grounds today didn't find a loose one. UGH! Guess i will look in the morning for black and orange. Thank You so much for the help guys!!

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

grab a test light and double check your grounds... they are crafty little b@stards

9. Philbilly2

also, a little bit more info when you come back would help us to figure the problem out easier.

So we know what we are working with, iso or relays, could you answer these questions:

How many plugs connect your plow to your truck? 2 or 3?

If you have a 3 plug, how many plugs go into the isolation module? 3 or 4?

10. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

Got it FIXED!!!

It was the grounds at the battery and solenoid. Just cleaned them up and put them back on.

Thank You for the help guys!!!!

11. Philbilly2

good to hear

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Funny how it works but it always seems to be the grounds.

13. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

from a third party, you guys are great help. thanks.