1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount won't raise or turn left, motor runs, underhood relay is good

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by accentlawn, Jan 10, 2011.

1. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

I have an 8 ft ultramount pro plow. The underhood relay is good. The pump motor runs when you angle plow left, right, and raise like it should. When I hooked up, I went to angle left and it went right. It is now angled fully right. I am almost certain it is plow side. Any help? Thanks in advance.

2. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

Based on reading the general troubleshooting guide, I need to do the Solenoid Coil Activation Test I think? Correct or am I barking up the wrong tree?

3. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the 4 way valve is stuck take it out and see if it is clear and moves freely

4. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

if the 4 way was stuck, that would let it angle right when i selected left initially? to angle left solenoid 2 and 3 have to be on, but to angle right only solenoid 2 has to be on. so if i try to angle left and solenoid 3 is bad then it would angle right since power is still being applied to solenoid 2...correct?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing is stuck, the S3 valve isn't being shifted. So check it for magnetism first to see if it's receiving the signal through the wiring from the controller. If it has mag pull the valve and stroke it by hand, may just be stuck or have a piece of debris in it.

If it doesn't have mag then it's an electrical issue, poor connection at the controller plug or grill plug most likely.

6. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

It was a bad connection at the solenoid. The slide on connector was almost completely off.