1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount won't move at all!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dflynn926, Nov 22, 2015.

1. dflynn926

dflynn926 Junior Member

So I have a 1995 f250 powerstroke with a 3 plug ultramount straight 8ft.

my dad was driving it yesterday and the plow started slowing down... then when i got it home i dropped it to see if the fluid was low or what was going on. It never went up again or in any direction for that matter. Thankfully we have a back up truck this year, first time in awhile.

i checked the fluid and it full. when i was trying to get it to move at one point it almost seemed like it hissed and some steam or something came out by the motor.

I checked the voltage at the motor and was getting just under 12v. the low beams seem dim. I also tried straight wiring it from a battery and it didn't do anything. Then when I tried the controller it moved up like an inch (i also tapped it with a hammer)

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like motor is done. Wise man once said "If you let the smoke out, it will not work anymore."

3. dflynn926

dflynn926 Junior Member

I was pretty sure that the motor was done for. It isn't that old of a motor so i was hoping it wasnt that but its the way it goes.

4. kimber750

You should still go over connections and sure everything is clean and tight. Can also pull the motor off and try spinning it by hand. Here any grinding or other noises will confirm its death.

5. dflynn926

dflynn926 Junior Member

Okay I will try pulling it off in the next few days, I am a few hours north of the garage where the blade is and won't be back until wednesday.

6. kimber750

Good luck.

7. dflynn926

dflynn926 Junior Member

Thanks so much