1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UltraMount won't angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by precisionX, Jan 28, 2007.

1. precisionX

precisionX Junior Member

My 5-year-old UltraMount won't angle left. When I angle left with the command stick it bangs hard left about an inch and goes right instead. When I tap the button left it will move a little at a time to the left (sometimes). Plowed most of the day with blade angled to the right. Left truck idling and went to shovel sidewalks. Came back in truck drove home and plow worked fine left-right-up and down. This has happened more than once same routine any suggestions? I did drain the right cylinder (the pushing cylinder to the left) fluid was nice and blue.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first thing you want to do on any Ultra or Uni mount plow when your having problem's with certain function's is to clean/check the multi pin grill connector's. Use some brake cleaner and a stiff bristle brush to clean the electrical pins in the connector. They need to be spotless to operate reliably,be sure and spread some dielectric grease in the connector's after you clean them. If it still wont angle to the left remove the cover from the solenoid's on the back of the pump and using a test light check the light blue wire for power while a helper angle's the plow to the left with the controller. (be careful for blade movement!) Does it light the test light?

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we just had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad handheld controler.Put a new one in and it works fine.

4. precisionX

precisionX Junior Member

Thanks for your help guys. It turned out so far to be the S3 Cartridge Coil. (this controls the angle left and raise activation.) There was a loose ground wire. Checked out all other Cartridge Coils (S1 & S2) for proper activation, reassembled and tested just fine. Plow is now operational for time being. Thanks again.