1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount wiring question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Captainjack, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Captainjack

Captainjack Junior Member

The plow wiring harness I have has a grey wire and a brown wire for driver side parking/turn. The parking/turn lamp on my 2003 Dodge has 3 wires, which ones do I use? There is a purple wire on the pass. side of the harness, which wire would that splice into? Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your working with an older relay style Ultramount harness without the Isolation module? If so, expect "lamp out" warning lights as well as problems/issues with no lights when using the non Isolation module setup on your '03-up Dodge.... :nod:

Plow harness wiring codes are as follows:

Brown: parking lights
    Gray: L turn
    Purple: R turn

Truck wiring colors codes are:

R park: black/yellow
    L park: pink/violet
    R turn: light green/tan
    L turn: light green

3. Captainjack

Yes, this was on my f150 when I bought it. Should I change over to a different harness? Can I add just the isolation module?
    Thanks for the info on the lights.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I would HIGHLY recommend running an Iso mod...but you'll need to source most of the truck side wiring to do it as your relay harness is not compatible with an Iso setup.

Welcome to the world of Westerns electronics. :gunsfiring:

5. Captainjack

So part # 29050 should be what I need, correct?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your running a three plug plow yes. You'll also need the 29070 Iso module and a control harness as well.

If your plow is the two plug config your going to need to change the plow side harness as well.

7. Captainjack

How much should all that cost?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Truck side wiring and Iso module would be around $400-$450 or there abouts.

If you need to switch the plow over to three wire as well figure another $130-$150.

DD wiring components are not cheap. :cry:

9. Captainjack

Thanks for all your help and assistance, I really appreciate it.