1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount wiring help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by William B., Nov 24, 2007.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Ok, on the head light harnesses there are a couple loose wire that do not have plug ends on them that I can't figure out where they go. On the passenger side wire there is a purple wire. On the drivers side there are a purple, pink and brown wire. All of these are loose. I have the truck apart in a friends shop and I need to get this done.
  2. Firefighter Rob

Firefighter Rob Junior Member

I dont have the book with me, but I am also doing the same wiring on my truck, a 04 Silverado. The purple wire has to be spliced into the directional lights, left and right. The longer of the 2 harnesses with the purple wire is for the passenger side. The pink wire is for the daytime running lights. I remember the book saying if you dont need the pink wire to cut it and discard it. On my truck im not going to cut it off but just tuck it away and not hook it up. The brown wire I think hooks to the running lights, not 100% sure on that though. If I dont see an answer as to what the brown wire does posted here by the time I get to read the book I will let you know.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

The purples on both sides tap into the turn signals.

Brown taps into the amber lights on the driver side....this will power both headlights on the plow.

Pink taps into the DRL's. I wouldn't even hassle with em. They are very very dim on plow headlights anyway for some reason.

I found that the blue splices work the best as long as you goop the inside real well with dielectric grease to keep corrosion to a minimum. Good luck Will.