1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount wiring and mounting question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by huskerfan523, Jun 28, 2010.

1. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

I just bought a 2007 7' 6" ultramount for my 04 ram 2500. the truckside harness that controls everything (the 1 with all the pins, does lights, etc) has a short in it which causes the plow to intermtitently quit. I need to know where I can get a new one. the local shop supposedly ordered 1, and the kit had everything I DIDNT need. he couldnt find the part I needed in his manual (since those things are written in such great explanitory english). anyone know what Im talking about and where I can get 1?

another question

I just lifted my truck 3 inches with supercoils. now the plow sits angled downward somewhat. is there any way to adjust that so it sits more perpendicular to the ground? I got the supercoils hoping to stiffen my front end, but its turning out to be bigger/more involved than I wanted it to be.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

By your description it appears you're talking about the 11 pin lighting harness, and if your talking on the truck side you need a standard issue 26357. However that harness doesn't control plow function, only lighting. So you should double check your diagnostic procedures before purchasing anything.

The plow side can be reconfigured to some degree by resetting the configuration plates. And depending on in what configuration it started before you raised the truck it may have enough adjustment left to bring the A-frame angle back into a more reasonable plane as 3" of additional height on the trucks side isn't excessive. The info on that can be found on page 8 here.

3. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

so I guess I was a little unclear with my diagnosis. after further research (which probably could have been done before the post) I found that it is the 11 pin light harness, and the only reason it was interferring with the operation of the plow is because when the harness becomes disconnected (shorted), plow control would turn off. this would also explain why I've been having issues with my headlights/turn signals. I ordered a new harness online, it was 115 bucks...

and that was exactly what I was looking for as far as adjustment goes. I am on configuration 2 now, so I need to go up to configuration 4, which will get me a lot closer to level. thank you for your help! I've only got to use the plow 2x (bought in feb) and I've already learned a ton from you guys!

4. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

whats the "stacking stop" for? is it necessary? where can I get one? is it going to break the bank like it seems everything else plow related does?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most prefer to run without the stacking stop regardless of what's recommend by Western since running without increases the stacking abilities of the plow, especially when you're running in the highest configuration.

So for most it's nothing more than a door stop. :D