1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount & unimount wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by desmato, Jan 12, 2010.

1. desmato

desmato Junior Member

Simplified question, can I lift a 3 harness ultramount plow with my 9 pin unimount harness and controls ? My truck has 9 pin setup and i may need to transport an ultramount plow w/3 harness wiring setup (3 pin connector for lift/tilt ?) I have ultra brackets on truck, so just the lift is needed for transport and yes I know I can "jump" it but I want a more civil & quick approach.

Todd

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And the simple answer? No, not without hot wiring it. Which of course you can do with enough hands and wire.

Be easier to take a floor jack along and simply short chain it.

3. desmato

desmato Junior Member

Yea, that's what I thought. I'll have enough hands there to short chain or hot wire it, but just me @ home. so which pins do I need to energize for lift, then drop ?? I seem to recall that S1 will drop the blade but it's been a LONG time since I needed to mess with the solenoid wiring.

Ihave pins 3, 4 & 9 on the 3 plug harness. pin 3 is S3, pin 4 is S2 and pin 9 is S1. thanks for all the Ultramount newbie the help.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just powering the #3 pin for raise and the #9 for lower on the plow side is the quickest way. You can hot wire the motor relay with a jumper to run the pump during the raise function.

5. desmato

desmato Junior Member

Thanks B&B ...... as it turns out, he offered and delivered it for free ! that also allowed me to see that all of it works. It's a 1 year old 8' Ultra and is in exceptional shape. any thing I should know or watch for with these that differs from the old ones ?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure the lift tower bolts aren't loose as that leads to it cracking/breaking off the bottom section. And of course go over all other hardware on it too.

Otherwise it's just standard procedure to any other plow like your Uni. Preventative maintenance, fluid changes and filter, grill plug cleanings along with any rust preventative measures and it should provide you years of dependable service.