1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount trouble

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TWrench, Dec 5, 2007.

1. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Hi there- I'm a noob to plows, but recently acquired a business and decided to plow my own small lot and home drive. Purchased a used Ultramount plow and all the brackets/wiring for a Dodge pickup- the guy who sold it to me didn't know the year of the truck. Just had my mechanic install everything and all apparently went well until he tried to hook up the plow and operate it. The connectors don't match up (I know, maybe should've checked that prior to the install, but I "assumed" everything was right). Apparently the harness for the vehicle is 12 pin, while the plow is 9. As well, the harness is meant for a truck with quad lights instead of duals. Question is, is there any way to make this setup work without changing out the vehicle harness? Can the plow side be converted to 12 pin? If not, which harness do I need for a 99 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel? This whole thing has turned into something of a mess and I just want to get the plow working. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. Also, anyone know of somewhere that would have the right harness in stock and could overnight ship it asap? Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!
  2. lawnboy647

lawnboy647 Junior Member

Yes you can buy a plowside 12 pin headlight harness. The part number is 1-W61558. As for the quad to dual headlight part i am not quite sure.