1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount to Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJC, Aug 27, 2011.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Just have a couple questions.
    I have a 01 GMC 2500HD that came with a ultramount (truck side only) hook up and is wired for a V. Can I buy a adapter and run a 03? unimount V off from it. plus, will the wiring be the same or would I have to change that out also??
    Thanks for any info!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

They make a adapter to go on your truck with the ultramount mount and hook up a unimount,its called a conversion bracket. As far as the wiring it would depend on wether its relay style or isolation style on your truck. Is there 2 or 3 plugs on your truck?

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks, there are only 2 plugs that come out through the grill if this helps.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

How many holes or pins are there on the connectors? Big or little holes or pins?

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Sorry, guess I need to look at it first before I start asking questions. There are three lines. One has the two big wires(battery I would think) Next line has 3 pins (in a triangle) and the third has 11 holes

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

That wiring is for a straight blade on the truck. You will have to change some wiring on the truck for sure. It would be best to upgrade the unimount vplow to the three plug setup.

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks alot for the info. I don't know if it's going to be worth doing it or not. He wants 2 grand for the V thats in real good shape but maybe better just to find a ultra that will work for that truck.

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have some plows for sale if your interested. Where you talking about a ultramount v or straight?