1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount to Unimount conversion - What do I need ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JD MN, Jan 2, 2013.

1. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

Good morning, or afternoon depending on where you are !
    I have a 8.0 Western Unimount Pro-Plow, 2 wire off (both the truck and plow side) off of a 2000 Chevy 1500 that I want to mount on a 2009 GMC 1500.

What I have already done is purchased the Ultramount bracket for the truck and the Ultramount -to- Unimount conversion bracket. The guy that I purchased the brackets from also included what I believe is the Ultramount wire harness for the truck side only (apprears to only be a 2 wire). He also stated that the brackets would fit a 1999-2010 Chevy/GMC 1500.

I have the Unimount truck side 2 wire harness out of the 2000 Chevy, but if the included with the brackets will work, I am wondering if there is a conversion from that wire to the existing Unimount 2 wire that is on my plow ?

Any help or suggestion would be gretly appreciated.....

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Unimounts used relay wiring, and there's not any relay wiring available for any new trucks (H13 lights). So the wiring off of the 2000 would be wrong. what part numbers are on the wiring that they sold you?

3. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

29861 (a wire with 3 connectors to what I believe to be a 9 pin end), I also see 26421 on the main harness.

4. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

29861 (a wire with 3 connectors to what I believe to be a 9 pin end), I also see 26421 on the main harness.

5. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

I found a label on the box that the wiring was in and it has the number 29400-2 (HB3/H11) though not sure if the box and it's contents match...... ?

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That will work...if you are going to convert the plow to 3 plug system and run a 3plug isolation module on the truck. Which is pretty much your only option at this point, converting the plow over to iso system

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

Ok, so then do I need to switch the plow side wiring and lights to something different ?

8. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

Got it. I read it too fast the first time. Thank you, I appreciate your help !

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, you'd be changing the lights to the 64100's or rewiring your old ones with a 26377 harness, and adding a 26359 harness to the coils on the power unit.
    29400-2 is ok and should have that 29861 and a 29499 in it. the other two harnesses you would need that aren't in that kit are the 42014 and 28587. that 26421 is just a little configuration plug.