1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount to Unimount conversion on a GM

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rusty Silence, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

Are you or have you run a Western MVP or another heavy plow on a 99-2010 GM 2500 or 3500 using the Ultramount adapter? What were your experiences? Would you recommend it? I'm finding Ultramount mounts to be cheaper and easier to find than Unimount hitches for my 99 2500 plus I figure I may want to go with an Ultramount in the future and wouldn't have to buy and install another mount but my Western dealer doesn't advise using the adapter because it hangs low and more importantly moves the weight farther out in front. I'm looking for all the pros and cons before I pull the trigger I guess. ussmileyflag
  2. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

I have one that was used for a year and worked great..I have it for sale....it was on a 95 ford I don't have the part # at this time...
  3. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I actually already have the adapter, it came with my plow but I had been looking for a unimount mount but since I'm having trouble finding one for "cheap" and thought this would give me the option of going with an ultramount in the future. I can find ultramount hitches for a lot less than the unimounts.