1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount to Unimount conversion kit (s)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have 2 of these available in very good condition. I can get pics, but these are the nice heavier duty ones with the heavy adjustable side plates....not the early style ones. Still shiny paint, no rust. I absolutely love running these kits paired with Ultra brackets VS Unimount truckside brackets.

$250 plus shipping. I will work a deal on the pair if you're interested.

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have a 2001 GMC with ultra mounts on it (came with the truck) I just bought a unimount plow, 8.5 MVP. will these conversion kits hold up to that plow??? Plus, how much more does the plow hang out in the front of the truck??

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yep, that's exactly what I ran them on. Each one has about 3 seasons on it and they're still like new. They are unbelievably stout. Moreso than a unimount mount IMO. They don't stick out much at all in comparison. A few inches maybe.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here are a couple pics of them mounted. I had them dropped b/c the trucks were lifted, but they're adjustable for stock height as well. The best part about adjustability and the main reason I had them was to keep the A-frames on the MVP's level so they cleaned their best and wore edges evenly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one at stock height:

[​IMG]

And here's 3 of them mounted with plows. All conversions and all MVP's.

[​IMG]

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Second best part, remove 2 pins and the kit dropps right off for a nice clean look when not in use. Same truck, different rims LOL. Before and after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

your trucks are worthless because you lifted them is that why your selling the mounts? scrapping the trucks?

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.....
    He's just trying to sell something.....

8. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

Matt its a joke

9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Got it....someday they will make a font for that

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for having my back Matt ;)

But ya, hahaha I junked the trucks and kept the mounts lol

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

One sold, one left. The one pictured on the 01 is the one I have left, and I have a set of the big drop brackets that I'll include in the price if you need them.

12. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I was waiting on a shipping cost.....

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm sorry man, I forgot all about that. I assume it's going to be $50-60 at least. BUT, make it $285 Paypal total and I'll cover the difference.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Pending sale to DJC.................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.