1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount stuckto the right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rhatch7205, Feb 14, 2010.

1. rhatch7205

rhatch7205 Junior Member

I have an untramount, probably 2003.When I hooked the plow up the other day it would not lift but moved to the right when I turned the controller right and stopped and would not lift or move left. I changed the fluid,cleaned the filter and cleared the lines by disconnecting hoses and moving the low left and then right.Reconnected everything and added fluid. Plow was now in center position.I moved the controller left,and nothing, moved to the right and blade went right but will not move left or up. Moter hums as though it was working, any ideas?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a problem with the S3 cartridge valve. Check for power at the S3 coil (light blue wire) when activating the control to angle left or raise. If no power, possible control problem or wiring. If you have power, the coil could be bad or the valve itself is stuck.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you check the cartridge coil to see if they are working or clog?

Here is a test procedure for the "S" cartridge

s1s2s3 ways.jpg

Don't know what kind of plow you have. If you use the "FloStat", did you check the suction filter and the pick up to to see if it is connected??

Also you might have a controller problem....

What kind of plow setup do you have??

s1s2s3 ways.jpg

4. rhatch7205

rhatch7205 Junior Member

Pump is a flow stat and I did clean the suction filter and it is connected.

Controller is not hand held

How do I access the cartrige coils to check? Not sure that I understandd how to test them?

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The cartridges and coils are located under the plastic cover on the side of the hydraulic unit. Follow the control harness which plugs into the truck. The S3 cartridge is the one with the light blue wire going to it. Have a helper activate the control to raise or angle left while you use a 12V test light to check for power at the light blue wire.

6. rhatch7205

rhatch7205 Junior Member

I Pulled to cover of the soloid and there was a wire disconnected. Not sure how it happened but it was a quick fix. Thanks for your help