1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount stuck right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajracing81, Jul 27, 2014.

1. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

So I ripped apart the mount part of the plow sandblasted, powder coated , installed all new hoses and filter kit. I got it all done and tryed it out it only angled all the way right and is stuck there. I loosened the lines up by the 90s by the block and have lots of pressure on the rear line and fluid in the middle line but no pressure and front line doesn't have any. I took all the lines off moved the plow by hand and straighten the blade hocked all hoses up and hit the up bottom and blade went all the way right and is stuck there. I have never done anything on the valves on this so that's all new to me on how that all works. Any help would be great.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck you grounds on the plow. Make sure they are good. Start there

3. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

Grounds are good . I noticed that when I hit each botton on the controller I can hear a click on the the motor except when I press the right botton I don't get a click. Also I checked the motor by hooking power to it and sounds fine and runs.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Right is default for western. That's why I said ck your gnds. Ok. Take off the pos lead to tbe motor, take off the coil cover. Press up or left and test light the coils and see what you have

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

FloStat will default to the right if you engage the motor with no valves working. The S3 valve has to open for left and up.

6. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

All fixed and working again. No clue what happened but I ran a + wire to the a3 coil and it clicked so I tried the controller and it worked . Hope I have no issues when the snow falls! Thanks for the help

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sometimes there is a voltage drop in the wires and controller so there is not enough power to overcome a sticky valve after sitting all summer. Using a direct jumper wire can give it just enough juice to break it free and then, once it gets loosened up, the regular controller wire will work. Also could have been that the wire was a bit loose so when you removed it and replaced it the connection was improved. In any case glad it's good now. All we need to do now is wait for snow....