1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Sep 5, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

this may seem strange but it is a curiosity. i have the HTS for my 1500, but since the HTS uses the ultramount system could this plow be mounted to any truck with an ultra mount on it, if the HTS receivers are used? so lets say i have a buddy with a f350 with a midweight on it could he in theory put my receivers into his mount and then pick up and use my hts?

the reason i ask is a curiosity that if at some point in the future i get another or "bigger" truck could i in theory just buy the ultra mount for whatever truck and run the HTS on it, even though i know it would be small for lets say a 2500?

2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

As far as i know all ultramounts use the same receivers. The only difference im aware of is the wiring...the early ultramounts used a 2 plug unimount harness, then they went to a 3 plug system(light control, plow control, power/ground) now they are back to a 2 plug multiplexed system.....