1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snyps, Feb 19, 2007.

1. snyps

snyps Senior Member

So I have been having some issues with my 8" Ultra Mount. The plow is in it's 3rd season, last 2 had the factory service done, this year I just drained and replaced the fluid in it.

When the plow is angled to the left and I drive down the road the wind is enough pressure to make it straiten out. It does it slowly, and not fast, but it does. If it angled to the right it will not do this.

When the plow is angled to the right and I raise it all the way up, if I press the up button the plow will actually straighten out. If it is angled to the left, it will not do this.

Any ideas?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did it start doing this right after you changed the fluid?

3. snyps

snyps Senior Member

I know the problem that it would go streight while driving was before, I am not sure about pressing the up button.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What about when your actually plowing with it. Does it hold whatever position you put it in with a blade full of snow in front of it?

5. snyps

snyps Senior Member

With it angled left it will drift if the weight of the snow is in the right spot.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first thing to do is bleed the angle rams at the fitting on the rams. Although it sounds like you've used this plow enough for it to bleed any trapped air out of cylinders by itself, I'd still check them anyway as some plow's are very hard to get all the air out. The best way to do it is to park the truck somewhere that the front of the plow is lower than the rear and bleed it that way. If that doesn't help or you don't get any air out of the ram's then either the driver side cross over relief valve is defective or the S2 valve is partially open when it shouldn't be.

7. snyps

snyps Senior Member

If the s2 valve is partially open, is it an adjustment or replace the valve? Is there a good way to check or do I just replace them?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No adjustment's on the S2 valve. If a valve is suspected of being the problem, the best thing to do is just replace it.You could remove the valve and try cleaning it.While you have it out check the O-rings on the valve carefully for any damage as this could cause your problem too.