1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by concreteguy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

My plow power will shut off while plowing. Also, when I go to hook-up,the plow won't power up unless I move the connectors. This does'nt happen all the time just every so often. I have the ultramount with the isolation module & the three plug set up. The plug that I move to get it to work is the one with more than three pins.

Thanks, Tom

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just sounds like a poor connection in the grill connector Tom. Start checking to make sure no pins are broken. If their all good, clean the connector pins throughly then take a small pick and spread the male side pins slightly.

3. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

I had the same problem with my uni mount i just zip tie it together a cheap fast fix

4. concreteguy

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try spreading the pins after the connection check and keep some zip ties in the truck just in case.

Tom

5. concreteguy

found it

Found the problem in the truck side harness. It had a break in the ground wire about 14" from the plow connector. It didn't wear through the mesh covering, just the wire. So I'm up and running just in time.
    Thanks, Tom