1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by newlooklandscp, Nov 26, 2007.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a 4 yr old ultramount with the new style pump. Vertical style just like the new ones. Well the reservoir is rusted so we went to replace it along with the fluid and cant get the damn thing off. All bolts are off and this thing just wont budge. Any ideas before I beat it off? Aka cause some damage.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

When I pulled mine off I just gave it some gentle love taps back and forth with a rubber mallet til it finally wiggled loose

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Rubber mallet is your friend on the ones that refuse to come loose..:nod:

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

some time those rubber o-rings get hard as a rock and lock them on i like dead blow hammer if have one but rubber one ones in a pinch block of wood and ball peen

6. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Used a rubber mallet .... made a nice dent, then tried a 3' pipe wrenc .... nothing. It does just or is suppose to fall right off once the bolts are undone, correct?

7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Should....4 bolts and it should come off with some persuasion.

Since its pretty much junk now I'd see if I could get a small chisel in there and start going to town on the resevoir. O rings are cheap but take great care not to bur up the manifold.

If that don't work the sledge hammer.....he is your friend lol.