1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UltraMount Problem Lifting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jaysled, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

I have a 8' Pro Plus about four years old. I have changed the fluid every season and filter. The past few days the plow will lift a few inches stop...then if I go back up and down a few times it will go up all the way. It has happen twice so far....I would rather fix it now before it goes down on be when I really need it. Any Ideas?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Two things to check. First you need to verify that the sump pickup has not fallen off inside the reservoir, this usually makes a sound like the pump is free wheeling because it is sucking air as the plow lifts.

Second check the pivot pins to see if they are siezed up. The pivot pins are kinda gold coloured things just ahead of the mounting horns of the plow. The new ones have grease zerks but the older ultras have not so they tend to fill with salt and seize up over time.