1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount pro plow compatibilty to a wideout mount/harness/etc...quickmatch not work

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

hello, I tried checking westerns website to see what mounts and harness would be needed for a wideout compared to a pro plow ultramount, but the quickmatch is not working. It pulls up every plow except the wideout........so will i need to buy a new mount? harness? to put a new wideout/used wideout plow onto one of my dodge trucks that already has a 8.5 pro plow ultramount on it already? any help appreciated.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Harness will probably depend on the truck and what ISO you have now, and how new it is. The only control harness that will work would be an MVP Plus. Mount is the same, as are the receivers. Worse case a complete ISO harness.....best case just the control harness.
  3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

plow is not even a year old, I guess Ive wanted a wideout so bad for so long just not wanting to pay 6500 for one! I have a wideout for sale locally for 4500, but if i need to buy a mount, harness and who knows what else, I would rather buy the 1 year old pro plow for 2500 and pop 450 for the mount and light harness and have two matching plows that will work on both dodges...........but i really wanted the wideout just not the price tag
  4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

It may not be showing the wide out because of the specs on the truck itself. I assume you have what is now the old 3 plug set up on your truck. You will have to convert to 2 plug to run the wideout. That price is way high on the wideout by the way...
  5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

so it went from a 4 port to a 3 port and now a 2 port.......nice
    I dont even want to ask but I just bought a pro plow last season and im about to buy another pro plow, 1 year old as well.

is his 2 port mod just for wideouts?
  6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no, the isolation module is still the 3port one. what's changing now is all the straight blades are changing to the the 2plug multiplex wiring, like the wide-out, mvp+ and HTS already use. that's to make the wiring uniform for any of their current blades.
  7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

so from what i gather, this is what will work when going from a straight blade to a wideout......same truck

mount will work
    light harness is same
    3 port mod according to quickmatch will work
    joystick need new one

Im sure theres something besides the controller to operate the wideout that would be diffrent than the pro plow we have.The goal is to determine what we would need to buy in addition the wideout blade.

my trucks are set up for 8'pro plows and i want to buy a wideout from a private seller, just need to know what we would need to change over to make it happen. i got quickmatch to spit out specs for a 3500 dodge, tricked it to do a 2500, then it froze, then again.....so im not sure my info is correct....just thought someone out there might of done the transfer before me....
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To go from a 3-plug system (older straight blade) to a 2-plug multiplex system (WO or MVP+) you change the control harness and the battery harness, and of course the controller. Nothing else.
  9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

a 44486 harness kit has the control harness and battery cable in it. it's cheaper that way.