1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount Plow motor works,,no movement

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by roket77, Nov 24, 2012.

1. roket77

roket77 Junior Member

I had my ultramount put on my 2012 ram and everything worked fine. The harness was coming out of passenger side of truck and when disconnected,,somehow the 9 pin plug got wedged in plowframe. I was taking plow off and as i backed away from plow i noticed resistance. I got out and saw 9 pin(truck side) plug was stretched and almost pulling plow backwards from the wire. This sounds like the biggest idiot move,, but th truckside plugs were away from plow before i backed up,,No idea how it got caught,. Anyway,,after disconnecting,,i went a week before mounting plow and last night when i hooked everything up,, i heard motor run but no movement,. Could damage to the truckside plug or stretching of wires caused this to happen? Would something be damaged to where motor would activate but nothing else? I had plow motor replaced last feburary and plowed 3x after that so its not an old plow motor. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Not sure how to test pins of plow pluf. Could a damaged pin in plug prevent valve in pump from operating? Not sure if that even makes sense but just trying to figure out. Thanks,,
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member